Coming up with a new way to organize
Recently I have realized that I am often disorganized and my class materials are often cluttered and sometimes it takes me longer than necessary to find materials. To fix this problem, I purchased all new folders to make it easier to find things, and to reduce time sorting through papers, as we
ll as to reduce much stress. Each class I am taking has a different colored folder, and all materials for that class are put into that folder. I also have a binder for each class that matches the color of my folder; notes go into the folder and handouts go into the folder. Because my education is something that is important to me, I realize it is in my benefit to organize materials in a way that is easy for me to keep track of papers. While I was somewhat organized before, I now have a much more systematic way of filing papers I may need to reference in the future. I think organization is key in becoming a successful student. Not only does it help me keep track of materials, it also makes me feel better about my education, and clears my mind so I can be a more effective student. As a teacher, organization is a trait I hope I can pass onto my students someday. Being organized as a teacher, as well as teaching my students to be organized will send the message that education is important, and there are strategies you can put into place to be a more effective student.
ll as to reduce much stress. Each class I am taking has a different colored folder, and all materials for that class are put into that folder. I also have a binder for each class that matches the color of my folder; notes go into the folder and handouts go into the folder. Because my education is something that is important to me, I realize it is in my benefit to organize materials in a way that is easy for me to keep track of papers. While I was somewhat organized before, I now have a much more systematic way of filing papers I may need to reference in the future. I think organization is key in becoming a successful student. Not only does it help me keep track of materials, it also makes me feel better about my education, and clears my mind so I can be a more effective student. As a teacher, organization is a trait I hope I can pass onto my students someday. Being organized as a teacher, as well as teaching my students to be organized will send the message that education is important, and there are strategies you can put into place to be a more effective student.Math study group
In my Mathematics Concepts for the Elementary Classroom class, a few friends and myself have set up a Thursday night study group. Every Thursday night we make it a priority to get together to go over what we have been doing in class. Our professor has also set up a tutor for us who is available at the same time every Thursday evening, so if we have additional questions we can send him an email to help us out. At these sessions we often try to get homework due for the next Tuesda
y done before the session so we can go over any questions we have together. Sometimes our weeks are so busy that this just isn't possible, so at those sessions we often just start homework together, or bring up questions we have about something we went over in class. Having this study group has kept me accountable for doing homework the day before it is due, as well as helps me to discuss with others concepts I might not understand myself. This kind of group is important for those who want to consciously take their education seriously. As a teacher, I hope to foster this kind of mindset in my students.
y done before the session so we can go over any questions we have together. Sometimes our weeks are so busy that this just isn't possible, so at those sessions we often just start homework together, or bring up questions we have about something we went over in class. Having this study group has kept me accountable for doing homework the day before it is due, as well as helps me to discuss with others concepts I might not understand myself. This kind of group is important for those who want to consciously take their education seriously. As a teacher, I hope to foster this kind of mindset in my students.